Governor Services SLA
Quality Support for Excellent Governance – Working in Partnership
Governor Services offer a comprehensive support and development service for governors across the borough serving in a wide range of different schools, nurseries, academies, free schools and federations.
We are an integral part of the Standards Team and the support we can offer governors goes hand in hand with the support which they offer to schools. Our team works closely with School Improvement Advisors and HR to support governors in their vital school improvement work.
We recognise that the role of a governor grows ever more complex and demanding. In order to be able to focus on their key strategic role, it is essential that governors have access to high quality support, advice, information and training.
The key things we can offer to support governors
- A professional, reliable and knowledgeable Clerk
- Access to up to date information so governors are aware of changes to regulations and the requirements placed on themT
- Training and development opportunities to develop the skills and knowledge they need
- Support for governors to develop confidence to take on new roles and responsibilities
- Bespoke training to suit the needs of your Governing Body
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of governance regulations
- Guidance and assistance when you are going through major changes in the structure of governance
- Enabling partnerships and mutual support between governing bodies
The Governor Services offer has two strands which are purchased through separate SLAs
Clerking, Support and Advice
Governor Training and Development
Our SLA can be downloaded
Governor Services - Service Level Agreement 2020-21 (pdf, 1.4mb)