SENDIF- Funding for 3 and 4 year old children with SEND in nursery provision
We are really pleased to announce that the process for applying for funding from the Early Years Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Fund (SENDIF) has been updated and improved. This is to help meet a key aim of the EYFS reforms to reduce unnecessary workload and also to encourage more applications to the fund to support 3 and 4 year old children with additional needs in nursery.
The new process comes into effect for the panel on the 31st March 2022.
Please note the deadline for receipt of applications is 5.00pm on 15th March 2022.
To improve the process we have:
- Separated the SENDIF process from the EHC needs assessment process to bring clarity to the different support pathways
- Simplified the application form to make it easier and quicker to complete
- Reorganised the guidance to ensure it is clear and accessible
- Clarified the expectation for the quantity of accompanying information
- Produced an example application form and Frequently Asked Questions to support the application process
- Changed the previous 3 levels of funding to 2 tiers to make it clearer and simpler to apply for the appropriate funding
- Increased the value of tier 1 funding to reflect the costs of providing resources and training
- Introduced a group funding mechanism- a one off payment for small groups of children with similar needs
All information may be found in the Early Years section of the website. For parents, information will be accessible on the Local Offer website from 1st March onwards
We hope that you find the new process easy to access and apply for funding. If you have any questions please contact the Early Years Advisory team who will be happy to help